Fool’s Gold was born from a belief that design and sustainability can, and should, exist in harmony.
The fashion industry is the second largest polluter on the planet. We’ve committed to finding a use for each remnant from our studio, from community initiatives, to recycling or repurposing.
- Certain pieces of jewelry are created using our remnant wood, lucite and other materials.
- We donate remnants to schools or other non-profits for educational purposes.
- Any pieces that are unable to be revived are recycled are creatively repurposed in the studio for various applications.
We believe in thoughtful design, from initial idea to when you hold it in your hands.
- We strive to design pieces that are anything but disposable; timeless and unique items that can be worn in many ways, for many years.
- While most of our items are designed and made in-house, any manufacturer we do work with shares our ethical values.
- We encourage thoughtful purchasing.
We are committed to continually searching for better and more sustainable raw materials. One of the most important things we can do to reduce fashion industry waste is to keep things out of the landfill.
- Our lucite is made in Italy from recycled plastics.
- Our shipping materials are all recycled and recyclable as of March 2021.
Each year we partner with organization and charities that are doing crucial work worldwide to promote human rights, sustainability and earth conservation. We are committed to doing good and being better.
We don’t want to produce products that harm the environment or the people in our supply chain. Every decision that we make is informed by these principles.
We keep a close connection to every piece that we produce. Each product we create starts life in our downtown studio, which is an extension of our shop and showroom.
In our studio processes, we use natural alternatives to the strong chemicals used in the jewelry production process. We are constantly sourcing and researching sustainable materials and are focused on improving as our resources grow. As much as possible, our boxes, packaging and all of our printed materials are recycled or sustainably-harvested. The glue, paper and cardboard used in the production of our jewelry boxes are all 100% eco-friendly.
As we grow our core values of transparency and sustainability will stay the same.